Dictionary Lookup Extension is a Firefox extension that looks up words in the dictionary.
Looks up the meaning of the highlighted word and displays the definition when you right click on it and select "Define..."
It uses http://dictionary.reference.com/ as the dictionary and only grabs the first definition for a word right now.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Restructured addon files (old format didnt seem to work)
· Restructure main code so that Dictionary Lookup Extension runs in it own scope to avoid potential collision with other addons.
· Catered for missing definitions due to changes on dictionary.reference.com
· Changed min version to Firefox 3.0 due to unsupported features in older versions. Also updated max version to 4.0.*
· Better logic for displaying results
· Added ability to lookup words in textarea's and text inputs
· Added logic to stop excessive events being fired