DictCN project is an online English to Chinese (and vise versa) dictionary extension for Firefox.
It is a handy real-time language tool with audio support.
To use DictCN, simply hover the mouse (coming with 3.0) upon the word you want to translate , or select it (drag or double-click to highlight the word), the translation (pronunciation and explanation) will show up soon in a layer on the same web page.
You may click on the 'D' icon on the status-bar to activate and deactivate DictCN (color of the icon changes correspondingly). You may also press ctrl-alt-d short-key to do the job.
By Moving the mouse over the translation, you can hear the speech, and a click on it will bring you to the detailed explanation page.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Thank you very much, have fun. Special thanks to galanga for your kind help.
· If you encounter problem like the translation is 'Not Found' all the time, try update to the latest version and,
· 1)Disable DictCn
· 2)Open "about:config" in your browser
· 3)Change the value of "extensions.dictcn.dictcn-server" to "cn.dict.cn"
· 4)Re-enable DictCn and try to look up some words
· (The following information is deprecated since newer version of this extension)
· If you encounter problem like firefox crash with error in NPPL3260.DLL, please see-->
· By following the steps detailed in http://kb.mozillazine.org/RealPlayer, it solves the crash problem. The plugin v3.0 works fine (including sound for english words).
· So, if others users have same problem, update RealPlayer to 10.5 and install "Modified plugin".
· Ctrl + mouse pointer to translate is now configurable.
· Mouse pointer stays to translate is configurable as well.
· Simplified-Traditional Chinese map updated.