Dead Phish is a Firefox extension not designed to be a singular solution to phishing attacks. It is designed to increase user awareness and involvement by looking at design patterns in web pages and providing alerts. It is not perfect. There will be false alerts. It works by looking for patterns that some phishing sites employ.
Here are some key features of "Dead Phish":
· Checks the URL for an IPv4 address
· Checks the URL for an IPv6 address
· Checks that most of the page links do not leave the domain
· Checks that form actions do not leave the domain
· If any of these checks fail, the user is alerted with a pop-up notification.
· Also adds the domain name to the end of the page title.
· Mozilla Firefox