Custom Google Search is a Firefox extension that allows you to create, use and manage your own Google Custom Search Engines right from within Firefox.
Once you create these engines you decide which websites are covered and which not, how they rank and so on. If you don't change anything, your Search Engine will be more or less a normal Google Search.
To create or modify your own engines, a Google (or Google Mail) Account is required. The Addon leads you through the registration process if you don't have one yet.
Once created, the Google Custom Search Engines can be used by anyone - no login required. Also, they can easily be integrated into your own website or blog. You can - for example - create a search engine that covers only your website.
This is an inofficial Addon. It is neither provided nor endorsed by Google.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A Google Account is not required anymore, Custom Search Engines can be stored anonymously on quicksear.ch (new default)
· Add Refinement Links to your Search Engine
· Search Redirects (Search other search engines or webites like Wikipedia)
· Search Rewrites - For example, exclude words related to online shopping from your query
· Many enhancements in the user interface of the Custom Search Engines. They look much more like normal
· Google Search results now
· Has been extensively tested with Firefox 3.6