Cryptocat is a Firefox extension that allows you to setup an encrypted conversations easily. It is based on the OTR encrypted messaging protocol.
Cryptocat is an add-on designed to work with Mozilla Firefox 9.0 and later.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· User Interface redesign: Cryptocat's user interface has been redesigned to be brighter, friendlier, and faster. Existing users will find the new design familiar enough use, while new users will benefit from a friendlier user experience.
· Encrypted file sharing: Send files via Cryptocat. ZIP files as well as images can now be shared with people inside a chatroom.
· Security enhancements and bug fixes. Updating is recommended.
· New feature: Block users! Prevents annoying users from sending you messages/from seeing your messages.
· New feature: Typing notification. See when a user is composing a message (both users need to be using Cryptocat 2.1.3 or higher.)
· Major code cleanup and optimizations, including many bug fixes.
· Added 41 new interesting cat facts.
· Updated jQuery to 2.0.2.
· Updated OTR libraries to version 0.1.5.
· Fixed a bug that would prevent conversations from scrolling down when tabs are switched.
· Fixed a bug that prevented nickname tab completion from working.
· Fixed a bug that would prevent some ZIP files from being transferred.
· Fixed a bug that would prevent audio and desktop notification settings from being saved.
· Fixed a bug that would prevent a user from logging back in after logging out.
· Fixed a bug that would show a vertical scroll bar on logout for no reason.
· Additional small bug fixes.
· Uighur translation has returned.