Context Search X is a modification of Ben Basson's Context Search add-on at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/context-search/.
I have no intention to receive any donations. Please donate to Ben Basson instead.
1. Gets list of search engines and displays it in the context menu for searching selected text.
2. By default, most of the engines will be displayed in the submenu 'Search for "..."'
1. Replaced hidden preference "separatorItems" by "menuItems" with the format
[|]enginename:label:accesskey separated by comma. A sample menuItems preference is made default (Google, Wikipedia, The Free Dictionary would be brought outside the menu, and a separator is made before Amazon.com):
Google:$S:G,Wikipedia (en):Wikipedia:w,The Free Dictionary:$S:d,|Amazon.com
a. [|]enginename: Engine name with optional "|" in front to add a separator before item.
b. label: To position it outside the submenu, and specify the label name to be used. $S is replaced by the engine name. Leave it blank to keep it in submenu (default).
c. accesskey: The key to press on the keyboard to trigger the command when the menu/submenu is open.
2. Search current site for selected text using Google (done in version 0.4.6.2)
3. Right-click opens item in current tab (done in version 0.4.6.2)
4. Clicking on the popup menu item itself will act like the default context-selectsearch item, or submit to a user-specified engine. (Place an asterisk in front of engine name without any other prefix.)
5. Allow hiding of engines inside submenu. (Place an exclamation mark in front of engine name without any other prefix.)
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Attempted to solve the problem of tabs opening twice by not relying on the click handler being called before the command handler, which seems to occur only on Windows 7 64-bit OS
· Solved a very minor bug involving enclosing strings in quotes when the context menu is pinned open