Column Reader is a Firefox extension that will add the possibility to read long web documents.
In order to make reading a please, the add-on provides different layouts.
Column Reader is an open source add-on designed to work with Mozilla Firefox 12.0 and later.
This add-on doesn't require you to restart the web browser.
Here are some key features of "Column Reader":
· Book, journal or scroll layouts
· Up to 5 columns for wide screens
· 4 different scroll modes
· Masked mode
· Document miniature view
· Color schemes
· Color transformation
· Full screen view
· Ability to hide elements
· Content to image converter
· Readability 1.9 support
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FEATURE: A dutch translation was added for the extension strings.
· FIX: The full screen image viewing container now closes correctly in Firefox 20 and later.
· FIX: The quality of the miniature view was improved and an error which prevented its creation for a single column was corrected.
· FIX: The first drawing of the miniature view is now delayed to allow for rendering delays.
· FIX: The background color estimate was improved by correcting an error which led it to be made too late.
· FIX: The annoying shift at the end of animated forward horizontal scroll now occurs only for backward scroll.
· FIX: Background-images are no more removed, because they are so often used to replace images nowadays.
· FIX: Canvas elements are no more transformed to image elements but are cloned including their content.
· FIX: The reader now exits the image fullscreen viewing mode when resizing the reader.
· FIX: The book mode again always has an even amount of pages (in contrast to version 3.3 and 3.4).
· FIX: When option 'Last used settings ...' is set, the default settings are now truly overridden.
· FIX: The menu item icons which appeared in certain 'complete themes' are now prevented.
· FIX: The reader or focus rectangle are removed again on disabling/uninstalling the extension.