ChromaTabs Plus is the Firefox 3.0-3.5 compatible continuation of the original ChromaTabs 2.0 extension.
ChromaTabs Plus makes tabs more readily identifiable by tinting each tab a different color depending on the website loaded. By default, colors are matched to the site's favicon. Alternatively, tabs may be assigned a site-specific random color.
ChromaTabs Plus is a continuation of ChromaTabs 2.0 by Justin Dolske.
Here are some key features of "ChromaTabs Plus":
· Firefox 3.5 support
· New "most frequent color" mode. By default, this is not enabled. Please try it out and let me know if you would like to see this made the default. As you'll see in the screen shots, this mode provides richer, less "muddy" colors compared to the old "average icon color" method.
· "Average icon color" is the new default setting, instead of the random "hash based" default in the previous versions.
· Transparent Close Tab buttons.
· Improved compatibility with the Tree Style Tab extension. The vertical divider is now colorized.
· Fixed a couple bugs where tabs would not be colored in certain situations.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Option to use the most frequent color in the favicon. If the results are inconclusive (rarely), then it falls back to the old method of taking the average color.
· Defaults to favicon-based tab colors.
· Transparent close-tab buttons
· Colorized border between page and tabs when using the Tree Style Tab extension
· FIXED: When starting firefox w/ a restored session, only the active tab gets colored. Other tabs become colored on mouseover.
· FIXED: New tabs are not colored immediately after using "Open link in new tab"