ChinesePera-kun is a Chinese dictionary popup modded from Perapera-kun.
Licensed under GNU GPL and uses the the dictionary file generously borrowed from Adsotrans.com
This is the Chinese version of Perapera-kun which will popup the pinyin reading and English definition when you mouse over Chinese in Simplified or Traditional characters.
It gets entries from the CEDICT which unfortunately isnt as far along as the Japanese counterpart. In the options menu you can choose to export Simplified, Traditional or Both. This also has the effect (at the moment) of causing the popup to be displayed in the same character set (if you choose both it defaults to Simplified).
Here are some key features of "ChinesePera kun for Firefox":
· Choose a file location to export to in the options dialog (in the extensions menu). When you press the CTRL key while the popup is being displayed it will export it to that file. (and a confirmation popup will show you its been added)
· You can choose the export format to be EDICT format or with Tabs inbetween (the pinyin will be exported without a space inbetween)
· The export format for both Simplified and Traditional is GB2312, so Traditional might not export correctly yet (I will change it in the next release).
· Firefox: 1.0 – 2.0.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· More entries in the dictionary
· Faster Search (needed because of bigger dictionary)
· You can choose "Show More Results" in the options dialog to yield more results (often redundant, OFF by default).
· Press when over a character to display character information about it.(very much thanks to Imron Alston for compiling the info from the huge file)
· Now works with Simplified AND Traditional characters, and will detect automatically, so no longer need to choose anything in the options dialog.
· Fixed newline character not being outputted upon export
· Made the accidental exporting when trying to copy and hitting a little better, but still not perfect.