Censure Block is a Firefox add-on which blocks websites by the rules specified by you or templates. In particular, blocks the sites containing pornographic materials.
What it can?
- Blocking sites on the list of "black" and "white" rules
- Concealment of the references, which fall in the lists of the rules
- Concealment of the sites, not indicated in the lists of rules, but which contain in the title or into meta tags the keywords
- Possibility of the indication of its own rules and keywords
- Support of the templates
- Support of the subscriptions
- Possibility of the indication of its own subscription
- Automatic renovation of the subscription
- Blocking a change in the tuning by the password
- Full support UniCode
How does work this addon?
- When the starting of browser the subscription automatically updates, if week is past from the time of last renovation.
- The list of rules is created and it loads into the memory.
- When the introduction of address into the address line the loaded address of site is checked with the lists of rules.
First it is checked into "black" list, if it will be found in it, then the address of the loaded site is checked into "white" list.
If it will be found in the white list, then access to the site will be permitted. If in the white list the address of site will not be found, then access to the site will be blocked and a message about this will show.
- After the load of site, is checked the title and keywords.
If any word from the list of the keywords will be found in the title or in keywords, then site is checked in white list, if it there is absent, then it is will hidden and a message about this will show.
- After the load of site, in HTML to page are checked all references with the lists of rules. If address indicated in the links exists in the black list and it is absent from the white list, then this a link is will hidden.
Full documentation: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/195789/
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The mechanism of the retention of password for the access to the tuning is rewritten.
· To now remove password is possible in the menu "Tools -> Options -> Security / Passwords.
· For the protection from the removal of password use a master password": "Tools -> Options -> Security / Passwords -> Use a master password".
· Minimum version FF became 3.0
· Thanks to Reviewer: Andrew Williamson.