Backgroundimage Saver is a Firefox extension that provides help for an annoying technique that can be found on more and more pages. That is to hide images behind a transparent gif to protect them against being saved.
Examplepages that use this can be found at:
print.google.com (just try to save any bookpage that is displayed after selecting a book)
www.imdb.com (same here with any larger images that are displayed)
Because since these pages place a transparent gif on top of the real graphic you can't just right-click an image and select "Save Image As..." because then you would just save the transparent gif (which is probably not what you want.
So this simple extension just adds a 'Save Background Image' option to the right click context menu which does the trick.
Furthermore it is helpful if you want to be able to directly save the backgroundimage, since Firefox does not offer this option by default.
· Firefox: 1.5 – 2.0.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· added options menu (accessible either via Tools menu or via extensions)
· added option to display name of the backgroundimage in contextmenu
· added option to display icon in contextmenu
· added option to display icon in tools menu
· added possibility to store image directly to default directory without displaying filedialog first
· removed error when image was also a link
· removed save entry from tools menu