Auto Save Document is an extension used to store the currently shown document in a separate directory automatically.
Autosave is a small extension, which can be used to store the currently shown document in a seperate directory automatically when browsing a certain site. You may configure the sites, where all pages will be stored to cache, by adding them to a list. The documents are stored as html-text only (no embedded objects like pictures etc.)
The files are cyclic reused, e.g. if you set the cache size to 100, Autosave will store the document contents to X:/MyCache/Autosave_0.html ... AutoSave_100.html and start again with AutoSave_0.htm when the 101st page is browsed. A small Icon in the statusbar will change its colour each time to indicate a page was written.
If you click this small icon, the current page will be dumped, regardless if the site is in the autosave list or not.
NOTE: this extension is really, really simple! Only plain text is saved, no external .css,.js => the result may look ugly! The one and only intention for this extension is, to save the text for external parsing or similar! Look for Scrapbook etc. in case you want to store more than the plain text!
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed the backslash issue on UNIX based platforms
· fixed file picker. This was reported to be broken on FF 3.6 / Unix and should be fixed now
· some code changes to be more future proof
· All those changes have been done by Mike.
· Mike has tested the changes on OS X, i tested them on windows.
· thank you very much for your help, Mike!