AlertBox is a Firefox extension that will help you track the web. If you need to wait for a new forum post, comment on a blog, price alerts or wait for breaking news and the website does not offer RSS feeds, AlertBox is the addon for you.
To add an alert for a page, open the Alert Config panel:
1. Click the bell shaped icon in status bar (or Ctrl+Shift+Z)
2. Select and add the content on the page that you want to monitor for change.
3. Click `Add Alert` to register this alert.
To view your alerts, go to your alert box located at chrome://alertbox/content/inbox. You can access the page quickly by clicking the status text showing the number of alerts.
Here are some key features of "AlertBox":
· Add alert for specific content on a web page
· Supports advanced XPath query and CSS selector rules to select target content
· Automatically check for updates according to configured schedules
· View and manage all alerts from Alert Box page
· Shows the preview of the target content and whether its changed or unchaged
· Display new and total alerts in status bar
· Audio alert when a new alert is found (config option to disable it)
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changes to privacy context as per review.