Have you ever wished to extend Firefox’s search engines like Google & Co. for new functions? Advanced Search is a Firefox extension that can help you! Extend search engines like Google & Co. for web site search and search for files.
Download and install this Add-On. The new functions will be available after restarting Firefox.
Please read following notes and frequently asked questions.
- The use of https can increase security, but it can also slow down the loading of the result page.
- Use of shortcuts:
- Control + K (Firefox specific!):
If searchbox focused:
- F4: opens search engine menu (Firefox specific!)
- F7: opens search mode menu
- F8: opens file type menu (if filetypes supported)
- F5 and F6 are already in use by Firefox.
- This Add-On is renamed from “Search this site” to “Advanced Search”.
- This Add-On is incompatible with other searchbar manipulating Add-Ons!!
Here are some key features of "Advanced Search":
· Extends search functions of Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ixquick and Ask.com (if the corresponding search engine installed)
· Selection between web site search or internet search.
· Restrict your search for e. g. images, videos, documents or addresses (if the search engine support it).
· Use of preferred browser language as long as search engine supports their language.
· Search for highlighted text.
· Reusing of opened tabs.
· Use of HTTPS for “Google SSL beta” and “Ixquick” for increased security.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Relabeling from "Search this site" to "Advanced Search"
· Integration in Firefox's searchbar.
· IMPORTANT: not compatible with other searchbar manipulating Add-Ons. Furthermore you have to install the corresponding search-plugin to enable sts-functions. For example to enable Ixquick functions you need a search-plugin with "Ixquick" in its name.
· Using some platform specific icons for common file formats like HTML
· New preference: reuse tabs
· Preferences removed: keyboard modifying, start with same engine
On focused search box:
· F4 (original Firefox function!) opens search engines
· F7 opens search mode
· F8 opens file format
· F5 and F6 are in use by Firefox
Firefox 4.0b8 supported:
· Video and Maps (Maps only in www-mode).
· Ixquick supports now image and video search (only in www-mode).
· Support of Google SSL (beta) for weband video-search.
· Firefox 4.0b7 supported: Udpate to Firefox4-code
· New search-engine: Ask.com
· Fix reusing tabs for new Google-Url
· New Logo in 64x64 for Firefox4