Add-ons Manager Dialog Returns is a Firefox restatless extension that enables Firefox to use a separate dialog window for the Add-ons Manager.
It also offers a few non-intrusive improvements:
- Keyboard shortcuts for easier navigation.
- Can collapse Add-ons Manager tab names (see screenshot).
- Can set AMO homepage as default web site to Get Add-ons (see dialog menu).
- Focussing on the addon search field reveals the Search Tab unless it's not empty.
- Can use a Restrained Visual Style for the dialog (see dialog menu).
Keyboard shortcut reference:
Esc, Ctrl-W: close dialog
Ctrl-B: switch back to the most recent browser window
Ctrl-Alt-R: restart Firefox
F, / or Ctrl-F: focus on search field (also reveals Search tab if it contains any results)
E: switch to Extensions
A: switch to Appearance
F1-F12: switch to tab at respective position (visible tabs only)
Ctrl-U: check updates for current addon
Ctrl-Shift-U: check updates for all addons
Ctrl-O: pick addon package file to install
Ctrl-Shift-T: toggle tab titles
(Note: these work on Windows, but some of them may be unavailable on other platforms).
Incompatible with Firefox 12 (but you can install a pre-release version that fixes this, from the "development channel" on the bottom of this page).
No restart required!
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Compatible with Firefox 20.
· Other updates under the hood that should improve addon performance.