One of the most common complaints that Firebug users have about the Firebug command line is that it is basically a text input field. Whilst this may be sufficient for the small command line it is not very well suited for the large command line. Acebug is a simple Firebug extension for Firefox and SeaMonkey that brings some of the awesome features of the Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace) to Firebug's large command-line.
Ctrl+Space|Alt+.|Ctrl+. - start autocompleter
Shift+Enter - add new code cell
start autocompleter in cell header (after #>>) to choose language (js or coffeescript), or to set value of "this" in the cell
Ctrl+Shift+B beautify selected code with js-beautify
Once Acebug is installed the large command line will be replaced by the Ace editor. This editor is used in the same way as Firebug's default large command line. The preferences can be changed via the "Options" button in the addon dialog.
Here are some key features of "Acebug for Firefox":
- Syntax Highlighting for large command lline, HTML/CSS editors
- Auto completion along with hints! e.g. window.
- Load/Save to file
- Execute CoffeeScript directly in firebug console
- Execute selection
- Stream Comment
- Resource panel with support for scripts, images and stylesheets and of course all of the niceties of Ace:
- Drag and drop files into the large command line for editing
- Auto indentation and outdent
- Highlight matching parentheses,Highlight selected word
- Key bindings include Default, Vim and Emacs modes
- Display hidden characters
- Fixed HTML edit broken with Firebug 1.11