wzdftpd is a modular and portable FTP server, which supports SSL, IPv6, multithreading, and external scripts.
wzdftpd project also supports bandwith limitation (per user, per group, or globally), group administrators, and per command authorization.
Here are some key features of "wzdftpd":
· Simple configuration file, supporting inclusions
· Online administration, using SITE commands
· Backends to store users/groups in different structures
· Modules: internal, using shared librairies, or external (scripts/applications), and protocols
· Extensions scripts can be written in TCL or Perl
· Powerfull event system
· Jobs scheduler, also known as crontab
· Users are virtual: you do not need to create users in system
· SSL/TLS support
· IPv6 support (Experimental)
· Server is designed to run as a non-privileged user to enforce security
· Server can detect ip changes (dynamic ips) and set ip and passive ip accordingly
· Cross devices operations (copy/move) (though can be slow)
· Logging support (compatible with the wu-ftpd standard)
· Designed for high performances: coded with C, multithreaded
· Portable: runs on linux, BSD and windows
Moreover, wzdftpd is based on a particular philosophy:
· free software: wzdftpd is, and will remain free software, meaning you have complete access to the source code, the right to modify it, and the right to redistribute it.
· transparency: source code is documented, and available to everyone. The bug-tracker database is also freely accessible, and any bug report will be considered appropriately.
· designed for users: any idea/suggestion is welcome, and even if all will not be implemented, they will be taken into consideration.
· respect of licenses: all libraries or code fragments used by wzdftpd are used in proper respect to the author's license. Any file/feature/library in contradiction with this idea will be removed immediatly.
What's New in This Release:
· A remote denial of service (DoS) has been fixed, which was caused by an off-by-one error in the login sequence, and could lead to a server crash.
· Other bugs have been fixed in the SSL/TLS code, and compatibility between GnuTLS and OpenSSL has been improved.