net2ftp is a web based FTP client.
net2ftp is a Web-based FTP client, offering standard FTP client functionality using a browser. Users can also zip files, email them in attachments, edit code in their browser, or view code with syntax highlighting.
Configuration options: restrict the access to one FTP server; ban IP addresses or FTP servers; set a daily consumption limit; and 3 kinds of logging. It works under PHP's Safe Mode. MySQL is optional (only required for logging and consumption tracking).
Here are some key features of "net2ftp":
Navigate the FTP server
· Once you have logged in, you can browse from directory to directory and see all the subdirectories and files.
· There are 3 different ways to upload files: the standard upload form, the upload-and-unzip functionality, and the Java Applet.
· Click on a filename to quickly download one file.
· Select multiple files and click on Download; the selected files will be downloaded in a zip archive.
· ... and save the zip archive on the FTP server, or email it to someone.
Copy, move and delete
· Directories are handled recursively, meaning that their content (subdirectories and files) will also be copied, moved or deleted.
Copy or move to a 2nd FTP server
· Handy to import files to your FTP server, or to export files from your FTP server to another FTP server.
Rename and chmod
· Chmod handles directories recursively.
View code with syntax highlighting
· PHP functions are linked to the documentation on php.net.
Plain text editor
· Edit text right from your browser; every time you save the changes the new file is transferred to the FTP server.
· Edit HTML a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) form; there are 3 different editors to choose from.
· Edit HTML and PHP in an editor with syntax highlighting.
Search for words or phrases
· Filter out files based on the filename, last modification time and filesize.
· Calculate the size of directories and files.
· net2ftp works perfectly under safemode.
· ... is optional. A MySQL database is only needed for logging, and for the Daily Limit (see below).
· Allow the users to connect to all FTP servers, or to only a predefined list of FTP servers.
· The input box on the login page will change accordingly.
· Activate or deactivate 3 kinds of logging: pages requested, logins and errors.
· Restrict each user's daily data transfer volume and script execution time. Once a user reaches the daily consumption limit, he will still be able to browse FTP servers, but the transfer of data to/from the server will be blocked.
· Change the layout as you want using the template files.
Integration in other PHP applications
· net2ftp can easily be integrated in other PHP applications. Modules for Mambo, Drupal and Xoops are provided in the zip file.
· Web server: any web server which can run PHP. The most popular one is Apache.
· PHP: at least version 4.2.3. net2ftp works under Safe Mode. One advanced feature requires PHP 5 (send raw FTP command).
· Disk space: 7.5 MB for net2ftp (less if you remove the plugins), and a few MB for the temporary files.
What's New in This Release:
· New skins (India, Blue), better protection against huge file transfers and uploads of scams, faster unzipping, better symlink handling, new translations (Arabic, Swedish), a new module for installing software, a cross-site scripting bugfix, and support for Japanese character encoding.