lftpsearch is a set of Perl scripts that are searching for files and directories on FTP servers. There is the searcher, the indexer for getting the lists of all the files and directories at remote FTP servers, and the onliner for checking whether FTP servers are online.
It supports (or >) and in search queries, page splitting at search results, searching on online servers only, searching for files/directories only, searching for size limited files, caching, and Russian names.
lftpsearch program also shows some statistics on servers (files/directories amount, total size). Initially, it was created to be used over LANs.
· CGI; Net::FTP
1) Unpack it (`tar xjvf lftpsearch-x.x.x.tar.bz2`).
2) Configure script via the config.pl file.
3) Modify notice.txt (sdata/notice.txt by default). This message will be shown at "about" page.
4) Add servers by editing servers.txt (sdata/servers.txt by default). Input one server per line (without "ftp://" prefix):
(And so on.)
5) Change some permissions if needed. They have to be (examples with default files):
cache -- 777 (rwxrwxrwx);
data -- 777 (rwxrwxrwx);
docs -- anything you want (it's even better to remove this directory);
sdata -- 777 (rwxrwxrwx);
sdata/logs.txt -- 666 (rw-rw-rw-);
sdata/notice.txt -- 644 (rw-r--r--);
sdata/servers.txt -- 666 (rw-rw-rw-);
sdata/servers-status.txt -- 666 (rw-rw-rw-);
config.pl -- 644 (rw-r--r--);
lftpsearch.pl -- 755 (rwxr-xr-x);
lftpsearch-indexer.pl -- 700 (rwx------);
lftpsearch-onliner.pl -- 700 (rwx------);
default.css -- 644 (rw-r--r--).
Note that these permissions are not the only one (they just work).
6) Now use "perl lftpsearch-indexer.pl" for server indexing and lftpsearch.pl (in browser) for the Web interface.
What's New in This Release:
· the "statistics" page has been added (global stat and today's; there are the most popular queries, the most active users, the most active hours, total number of queries);
· the Russian localization of lftpsearch.pl's Web interface is introduced (it's not included in default archive, but is available from lftpsearch homepage);
· some bug fixes, HTML improvements, better performance in searching.