gFTP is a free multithreaded file transfer client for *NIX based machines running X11R6 or later.
pickadd to watchlist
gFTP is a free multithreaded file transfer client for *NIX based machines running X11R6 or later. gFTP has text and GTK+ 1.2/2.x interfaces and supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH protocols and has FTP and HTTP proxy server support. It supports UNIX, EPLF, Novell, MacOS, VMS, MVS, and NT (DOS) style directory listings, and has a bookmarks menu that allows you to quickly connect to remote sites. The code is fully internationalized and there are currently 40 translations available.
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License Agreement
- Written in C and has a text interface and a GTK 1.2/2.x interface
- Supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS and SSH protocols
- FTP and HTTP proxy server support
- Supports FXP file transfers (transfering files between 2 remote servers via FTP)
- Supports UNIX, EPLF, Novell, MacOS, VMS, MVS and NT (DOS) style directory listings
- Bookmarks menu to allow you to quickly connect to remote sites
- Fully Internationalized. Here are the followoing translations of gFTP that are available: Albanian (sq), Amharic (am), Arabic (ar), Azerbaijani (az), Bangla (bn), Belarusian (be), Bulgarian (bg), Catalan (ca), Chinese (zh_TW,zh_CN), Croatian (hr), Czech (cs), Danish (da), Dutch (nl), English (en_CA, en_GB, en_US), Finnish (fi), French (fr), German (de), Greek (el), Hebrew (he), Hungarian (hu), Irish (ga), Italian (it), Korean (ko), Japanese (ja), Macedonian (mk), Malayalam (ml), Malay (ms), Norwegian (no), Polish (pl), Portuguese (pt,pt_BR), Punjabi (pa), Romanian (ro), Russian (ru), Serbian (sr,sr@Latn), Slovak (sk), Spanish (es), Swedish (sv), Tamil (ta), Thai (th), Turkish (tr) and Ukrainian (uk) translations available.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Improvements to the networking code, fixes for several segfaults, i18n fixes, and 38 updated or new translations.