edtFTPnet/Free is a .NET FTP library written in C#. Widely used around the world, it is robust and proven, with a rich API.
It includes extensive event monitoring, transfer resumption, and much more. It has been tested and is compatible with Mono 1.2.x.
Free .NET FTP component gives .NET developers:
- C# FTP functionality
- VB .NET FTP functionality
- Robust and proven FTP .NET library
- C# source-code included
- free for commercial use (LGPL)
- Downloaded over 200,000 times!
Here are some key features of "edtFTPnet/Free":
· Widely used throughout the world in many projects.
· Full source code is provided.
· Includes a fully fledged Visual Studio component, FTPConnection.
· Passive and active modes are supported (PASV and PORT).
· Resuming of interrupted binary transfers supported.
· Events for monitoring progress of data transfers.
· Under the LGPL, so it can be embedded in commercial applications.
· Compatible with .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0.
· Compatible with Mono 1.2.x
· Ported from our popular edtFTPj library
· Mature and stable codebase.
· Simple but extensive API analogous to a command line FTP program.
· EDT Forums are available for public discussion and support.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An empty array of features is returned if FEAT returns no features (but is implemented by the server).
· The array is tweaked so that only actual features are returned.
· The AutoFeatures property was changed to be false by default.