A powerful, easy-to-use, award-winning FTP server
Serv-U is not only 100% compliant with the current FTP standard, but also includes numerous features unique to Serv-U that make it a perfect file sharing solution for virtually everyone.
Installing Serv-U Linux
After downloading the Serv-U Linux installer, permissions need to be set in order to run the installer. To do this:
1) Start a shell.
2) Navigate to the directory where the installer is stored:
3) Change to root (su) since the installer requires root access.
4) Change the permissions of the file to allow execution:
chmod 777 "Serv-U-11.0-Linux-x86_64-Install"
5) Running the installer:
With a GUI (GNOME or KDE):
With a console only:
./Serv-U-11.0-Linux-x86_64-Install --mode console
Running Serv-U From GNOME or KDE
1) Select the "Applications | Serv-U | Serv-U Tray" option.
2) Click on the tray application in the system tray, select "Start Serv-U".
3) To configure Serv-U, click on the tray application, select "Start Management Console" or simply double click on the tray icon.
Running Serv-U From the Console
1) Navigate to the installation directory:
2) Change permissions to root (with su).
3) Start Serv-U: "./Serv-U"
4) To configure Serv-U (if installed with "--mode console") connect to the server with a web browser on port 8080.
5) Setup / configure your domain, create an admin account, delete the "Admin Domain" for security purposes.
- Secure File Transfer Web Client
- FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH
- Multi-Language Support
- Secure Remote Web Administrator
- Customizable Logos
- User and Group Statistics
- SSH (SFTP) Servers Support
- Expanded Mobile Client Support
- Serv-U Linux. Serv-U is capable of running natively on both Microsoft Windows and most Linux platforms.
- "Web Client Pro" performs multiple transfers within the Web Client.
- Completely customizable HTTP login page.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added Serv-U Gateway; providing a secure gateway that allows FTP, FTPS, SSH, and web (HTTP/HTTPS) clients to safely access a Serv-U file server deployed behind a firewall.
- Added Serv-U Platinum edition to include FTP Voyager JV and Serv-U Gateway in addition to all Serv-U Gold features.