ProFTPD is an open source, scalable and high-performance FTP server written from scratch, with a focus toward simplicity, security and ease of configuration. It powers some of the largest websites on the Internet.
ProFTPD features a very Apache-like configuration syntax, modules, and a highly customizable server infrastructure, including support for multiple 'virtual' FTP servers, anonymous FTP, and permission-based directory visibility.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug 3795 ProFTPD needs to use -pthread linker option if linking against OpenSSL with thread support.
· Bug 3816 Installation of ftpasswd does not honor DESTDIR environment variable.
· Bug 3806 Support reverse DNS resolution for IPv6 addresses when gethostbyname2(3) is not available.
· Bug 3828 Certain sequences of FTP data transfer commands lead to NULL pointer dereferences in mod_deflate.
· Bug 3830 MFF/MFMT command segfaults due to insufficient parameter checks.
· Bug 3829 RNFR without following RNTO can lead to NULL pointer dereference.
· Bug 3719 LIST -R can loop endlessly if bad directory symlink exists.
· Bug 3831 Sporadic "451 Insufficient memory or file locked" failure when downloading.
· Bug 3837 mod_tls unable to read certificate files after SIGHUP.
· Bug 3822 Resolving %U/%u LogFormat variables inconsistent between mod_log/mod_sql in certain cases.
· Bug 3842 Incorrect handling of REALPATH requests for symlink paths in mod_sftp.
· Bug 3845 mod_sftp does not provide response codes for %s LogFormat variable for AUTH ExtendedLog.
· Bug 3851 SFTPPassPhraseProvider fails due to incorrect pointer.
· Bug 3841 Possible symlink race when applying UserOwner to newly created directory.
· Bug 3855 Restarting proftpd may cause Include files not to be parsed.
· Bug 3859 MLSD fails to show symlinks when ShowSymlinks is not configured.
· Bug 3863 mod_sftp does not handle MaxLoginAttempts properly.
· Bug 3865 BanEngine not set in "server config" results in "mod_ban not enabled" ftpdctl error.
· Bug 3866 Issuing invalid 'ftpdctl ban' request causes segfault.
· Bug 3867 ftpasswd fails with "Permission denied" when adding subsequent passwd/group entries.
· Bug 3868 Only first DH param in TLSDHParamFile is used, regardless of requested keylength.
· Bug 3870 Handling of OPTS command can lead to crash.
· Bug 3871 REALPATH SFTP request not properly handled by configuration.
· Bug 3878 QuotaExcludeFilter not honored for uploads when 'hard' limits are used.
· Bug 3884 Configure script not detecting MySQL make_scrambled_password functions.
· Bug 3887 erroneously blocks the PROT command used for FTPS.
· Bug 3819 Second and subsequent LIST of directory with many files is very slow.
· Bug 3894 ftptop doesn't work with --enable-nls.
· Bug 3895 Missing TransferLog entry under some out-of-space conditions.
· Bug 3905 Handle the Linux-specific PAM_RADIO_TYPE message properly.
· Bug 3904 scp downloads using glob pattern sometimes fails.