NASLite is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) server operating system.
NASLite v1.x is intended primarily for use in a small business or home office network. By design, NASLite v1.x is a community file server and does not support features such as user management , the ability to join domains or disk quotas. However, it is very easy to set-up and use.
Here are some key features of "NASLite":
· Easy to operate and to administer
· Inexpensive to run and maintain
· Remote administration through TELNET
· Simple to use configuration menu
· Stable and reliable
· BIOS independent fixed disk drive support
· S.M.A.R.T. support
· Large partition and file support
· Low hardware requirements
· Wide range of PCI hardware support
What's New in This Release:
· NASlite-2 HDD will install to IDE and SATA hard disks as well as solid state IDE devices such as Compact Flash with an IDE adapter, IDE Flash disks, Disk-On-Module, etc.
· It installs itself in the first 16M of the device with the rest made available for storage.