LFTP is sophisticated file transfer program (FTP) with a command-line interface.
LFTP uses GNU Readline library for input and supports FTP, HTTP, FISH, SFTP, HTTPS and FTPS protocols.
Here are some key features of "LFTP":
· FTP and HTTP protocols support.
· FTP (e.g. TIS FWTK) proxy support.
· HTTP proxy support.
· FTP over HTTP proxy support (hftp).
· HTTPS and FTPS protocols support using OpenSSL library.
· Automatic OPIE/SKEY support in FTP protocol.
· FXP transfers support (between two FTP servers, bypassing client machine).
· FTP listings support: unix-style, NT, EPLF.
· Automatic reconnect and retry of an operation on retriable errors or timeout.
· IPv6 support in both FTP and HTTP.
· FISH protocol support. It uses ssh with no special program on server side.
· SFTP protocol v3 and v4 support.
· HTTP/1.1 keep-alive support.
· Experimental support for SRV DNS records.
· SOCKS support (configure option).
· Modification time preservation (if server can report it).
· `reget' and `reput' support.
· Built-in mirror and reverse mirror (mirror -R).
· Job queueing.
· Job execution at specified time.
· Comprehensive scripting support.
· URL recognition in most operations.
· Readline library is used for input.
· Context sensitive completion.
· Bash-like prompt extensions.
· Launching of local shell commands.
· Suspend support.
· `zcat' and `zmore' support.
· Help for commands.
· Command history saved in a file.
· Transfer status includes rate and ETA.
· File listing cache.
· Background jobs (bash-like).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· User/group name lookup performance fixed.