redWall Firewall 2.6.2 GA
A bootable CD-ROM firewall with IDS, IPS, proxy, reporting, and spam filtering
pickadd to watchlist
redWall is a bootable CD-ROM Firewall. redWall Firewall's goal is to provide a feature rich firewall solution, with the main goal, to provide a webinterface for all the logfiles generated!
- Configuration is currenty stored on a floppy/USB Memory Stick/Harddrive or sent by email (see todo !)
- Due the fact, that most reporting functionality is done via mysql (except for the squid reports), it's possible to use the cd as a Mangagement/Logging Console for other firewalls running in your environment using the same cd! Take snort for instance.. you can have 10 firewalls :) running snort, reporting back to the main database on the management/Logging system, in order to have a central "overview" of all your firewalls... Using the SAME CD !! It's all up to you how you configure your firewall and/or Management box !
- based on redhat 9.0
- bridging support
- Mail Virusscanning, spamfiltering and gateway functionality
- /etc is writable (tmpfs) feeded by the configuration medium
- /var is writable (ramdisk or harddisk) (you are not going to run squid on a ramdisk... aren't you ?)
- The cd will (at least it should) detect all your network cards (using kudzu) during the initial boot
- During the initial boot, you can setup some basic things like IP Address, Services to start (all disabled by default) and so on
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!