ZoneAdmin is a Web interface for the powerDNS name server using the MySQL backend. It allows you to manage existing zones and add, remove, and alter new ones, supports on-the-fly input validation, and allows comments per zone and per record.
Furthermore, it keeps a detailed history of changes and allows you to temporary enable or disable zones without having to remove them completely. New zones can use templates that contain predefined records. The project is designed to be used with one of Apache's authentication methods.
What's New in This Release:
· added a basic plugin framework
· added sample plugin "mail_notify" (notifies via mail about new/removed zones/records)
· added an extra safety question before deactivating a zone
· fixed a bug with editing multiple records at once: the TTL did not get updated
· added support for importing BIND-style zone files via the web
· check existance of an A record with the same host-part upon adding a CNAME (and vice versa - to avoid "CNAME and other information"-type errors)
· modified zone-search to directly show zone if there's only one search result
· added 'tag'-support: attach multiple tags to zones to group them (e.g. based on brands, customers, applications etc.)