Centmin is a bash script developed for use on CentOS 5. It is designed to provide a fully functional NMP plus DNS stack - using minimal resources.
How to use:
1) Download the script from:
London, UK (via Linode): wget http://www.centmin.com/download.php New York, US (via 6sync): wget http://www.centmin.com/download.php?m=ny Los Angeles, US (via PhotonVPS): wget http://www.centmin.com/download.php?m=la
2) Extract the archive:
tar xzf centmin-latest.tar.gz
3) Follow the instructions in the included readme.txt
Here are some key features of "Centmin":
· Updates any pre-installed software (via Yum)
· Secures /tmp (and /var/tmp) directories
· Installs development tools needed for compilation of Nginx and NSD
· Sets server to use your local timezone
· Installs Nginx, MySQL, PHP 5.3.6 (with FPM)
· Installs NSD (DNS Server - a low-memory alternative to BIND)
· Installs NTP (Other than on OpenVZ VPS)
· Installs Sendmail (enables PHP to use the mail function)
· Optional: Installs Alternative PHP Cache, XCache, Memcached, Siege, MariaDB,
· ConfigServer Firewall
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· UPDATE: nginx updated to version 1.0.6
· UPDATE: google-perftools updated to version 1.8.2
· UPDATE: OpenSSL updated to version 1.0.0e
· UPDATE: Libevent updated to version 2.0.13
· UPDATE: Memcached updated to version 1.4.7
· UPDATE: PHP updated to version 5.3.8
· UPDATE: Python updated to version 2.7.2
· FEATURE: Added nginx to logrotate.
· BUGFIX: MariaDB installation fixes.
· BUGFIX: Updated outdated URLs.
· UPDATE: php configuration updated to include many more useful features (mcrypt, IMAP, pcre regex, PDO, GD2 features etc.)
· UPDATE: Many configuration changes (thanks to eva2000).