CartoReso is a free and open source network mapping software. It has been designed to rapidly analyze and scan very large networks. The results are displayed on a map with interesting information (IP address, MAC address, OS, opened/filtered/closed TCP ports...) for each host found in the analyzed netwok.
CartoReso is written in Java. It runs on i386 architecture and is distributed as a live-CD (Ubuntu linux distribution).
Here are some key features of "CartoReso":
· Nmap: free open source utility for network exploration or security auditing
· Traceroute: computer network tool used to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network
· Libpcap: C++ librairy providing implementation-independent access to the underlying packet capture facility provided by the operating system
· JUNG: Java framework that provides a common and extendible language for the modeling, analysis, and visualization of data that can be represented as a graph or network
· HSQLDB: an open-source relationnal database written in Java
· The integration of C and C++ parts was done using JNI (Java Native Interface).
What's New in This Release:
· This is the first official release of CartoReso. Still, it is an alpha release so it is completely untested yet!