BitNami Redmine Module is an easy-to-install distribution of the Redmine Bug Tracking application. Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database. Its main features are: Multiple projects support, Flexible role based access control, Flexible issue tracking system, Gantt chart and calendar, News, documents & files, management, Feeds & email notifications, Per project wiki, Per project forums, Simple time tracking functionality, Custom fields for issues, projects and users, SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Mercurial and Darcs), Multiple LDAP authentication support, User elf-registration support, Multilanguage support.
The Tracks and Redmine modules are ruby applications so they should be installed on the top of the rubystack, not the LAMPStack. The description would change a little. Also we don't currently support ruby bitnami modules for solaris so I have remove it from the list of supported platforms.
About BitNami Modules
BitNami Modules provide a fast and easy way to install several applications that share resources like a database, web server and language runtime. To get going with BitNami Modules, simply download the BitNami RubyStack Platform and select the application Modules you'd like to run on top. Each Module includes a ready-to-plug application that will automatically be installed and configured to run on top of your BitNami Platform installation. Just like BitNami Stacks, the Modules can be installed in just a few mouse clicks. Uninstalling is just as easy - the uninstaller will wipe the files from your operating system while leaving the Platform and other applications in tact.
* Make it incredibly easy to install open source applications.
* Run on Linux, Windows, OS X.
* Allow you to share resources between several applications.
* Have an easy web interface you can use to manage your applications.
* Along with the BitNami Platform, are completely self-contained and re-locatable.
* Make it easy to uninstall an application while leaving the rest of your system in tact.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgrade Ruby to 1.9.3-p429 for Linux and OSX
· Updated Passenger to 4.0.2