phpwcms is an Open Source web content management system.
It is optimized for fast and easy setup and works on any standard webserver platform that supports PHP/MySQL and was tested successfully on Windows 2000/XP, MacOSX and LINUX. phpwcms is perfect for professional, public and private users.
It is very easy to learn and gives you the flexibility to separate layout and content. Lots of powerful but simple implemented features assists publishers and web developers too.
Have you ever tried to realize a website as fast as possible? Do you have tons of content for the web that must be published by totally unexperienced people - or do you are such totally unexperienced user? Are you a professional website developer and are you absolutely bored in supervising the content of your customers? Do you like the separation between the website layout and the website content but do not know how this could be realized?
Do you want to be free in changing the website layout without re-editing the whole content stuff? Do you want to have reusable images on your website and do you do not want to know something about the preparation of images for your website? Do you want to publish and store files on your website? Are there any EPS, AI, PS or PDF file that should be simply integrated as resizable web image? Yes! OK! Every question above gives you the answer what phpwcms possibly can do for you.
phpwcms is an open source web application using PHP, a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. All content except converted images and uploaded files are stored in a MySQL database, the world's most popular open source database.
It uses ImageMagick and GhostScript or PHP's GD1|2 capabilities for creating thumbnails and resizing images. ImageMagick is a collection of tools and libraries offered to read, write, and manipulate an image in many image formats while GhostScript is an interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF. GD in phpwcms supports JPG, GIF and PNG as source image format only (often GIF is disabled by providers).
Here are some key features of "phpwcms":
· platform independent - tested on Linux, Windows 2000/XP/2003, MacOS X
· install/setup GUI (creates database, config file)
· backend translated into 13 languages (English, German, Danish, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, Finnish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Lithuanian)
· backend users (admin/normal user), frontend users in preparation
· dynamic content creation
· W3C conform frontend rendering
· unlimited pagelayouts - pagelayout wizard supports content rendering as table, div or custom
· unlimited nested site structure levels - there is no limitation
· alias for every structure level possible, hidden level
· support for meta tag keyword and description
· many powerful replacement tags
· articles/pages are build by using content parts - article can have summary and/or redirection info
General editing features:
· multiple WYSIWYG editors included: HTMLarea 3 (IE5.5+, Mozilla 1.3+), Spaw (IE5.5+), FCKeditor (IE5.5+),
· frontend CSS editor
· structures, articles and content parts can be cut and paste and sorted
· image resize functions included (GD1/2 and/or ImageMagick/GhostScript) - upload high end image and use it for every needed size (automatic thumbnail creation)
· file manager
· backend messages
· backend chat
· user profiles
· articles can have start and end date/time
19 different content parts:
· plain text editor - HTML tags will be stripped
· HTML - like html text editor
· WYSIWYG HTML editor for IE5.5+ and/or Mozilla 1.3+
· code - monospaced plain text editor
· text (WYSIWYG editor) with 1 image (custom size, click/zoom)
· images - creates list of images (custom sizes, allows 1-10 columns, click/zoom image, captions)
· bullet list (table based like this feature list)
· link & email
· link list - can have real link name and target
· link article
· article menu
· multimedia - support for multiple formats like MP3, QuickTime, RealMedia, Flash (Audio and Video - with autoplay, external/internal)
· file list
· e-card system for sending images via email
· e-mail form
· search - full text search
Replacement tags used in frontend:
· automatic menu creation (like on the left, breadcrumb, css styled menus, related/new article menu)
· basic text formatting
· links to articles or external targets
· PHP code/includes, vars/functions
· images, random images, spaceholder images
· custom search form
· keywords in text
· real down/back/next/up (index) navigation
What's New in This Release:
· [FIX] Charset problem fixed in case of use of htmlentities and phpwcms charset is different from ISO-8859-1.