LucidCMS project is a simple and flexible content management system for the individual or organization.
lucidCMS is designed from the ground up to be easy to install and use. It will run efficiently on shared hosting accounts where disk space and features may be at a premium. Once installed, all configuration options can be changed from the user interface.
lucidCMS began as a rewrite of Adam Newbold's Open Source project, "Whisper" (aka "Pages" -- http://whisper.cx ). That program filled a gap in the CMS world where we were looking for a simple content management solution that was not based on a "community" or "news" model.
The target audience is individuals and organizations that wish to manage pages. It is not a blog, gallery, forum, or news engine -- although it can handle those functions via easily added plugins. It is primarily a system to manage a collection of individual pages to be rendered dynamically from templates and tag-replacement of content items. "Whisper" has gone defunct, and the new and expanded codebase bears zero resemblance to the original.
Other existing open source solutions require 5 to 30 MB of installed files, are difficult to configure, and require a sigificant investment of learning in order to master complex templating systems. Our solution provides template-driven page management in less than 500 K of code, can be installed in 5 minutes, and will run out of the box.
- easy to install and use
- less than 500 Kb
- online template and stylesheet editing
- multiple templates and stylesheets are supported
- online content editor supporting multiple markup syntaxes
- content can be created in HTML, "textile", or "markdown"
- supports shared MySQL database (table prefixing)
- database abstraction easily ported to other databases
- plug-in architecture
- optional file-generation for static pages
- public/private pages
- user groups/roles
- standards compliant xhtml
- separation of content, layout, and style
- online configuration