jzForum is a simple forum system based on the jZonic framework.
User and rights management is integrated. It is very easy to install because it uses hypersonic as a database, although it can be used with different databases.
The look and feel can easily be changed using CSS. It currently supports user, moderator, and admin roles with a defined set of permissions.
Here are some key features of "jzForum":
· supports several forums
· rss feeds for forums/categories/threads
· user and right management
· uses jZonic as framework
· easy to install (one war file and NO database)
· uses hypersonic as database but can run with different databases
· easy to change the look and feel (jzForum uses css and nearly no tables)
· 3 different roles (user, moderator and admin) with a defined set of permissions
· support for different themes (currently 4 different ones)
· every user can select his favourite theme in his settings
· included full text search engine (using lucene)
· user can watch threads
· i18n support (english and german currently). The i18n is on a user base.
· full featured voting subsystem integrated
· generate access log file in Apache log format which can be analyzed by any standard compliant tool
· very fast due to heavily caching
· supports MySQL as alternative database
· private messaging with user quota
· includes a polling system
· full support of the famous BBCode
· preview pane when posting a new post using AJAX to get rid off reload of the page
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes a bug where user could not change his password.
· The forum was not working when the installation directory contained spaces in the directory name.
· Editing of a reply is now working. It created a new reply in v1.3.
· The fix was to update to the latest version of jLo and jConfig.