caudex provides a hierarchical, distributed BibTeX compatible reference management system.
Caudex is a distributed document/reference management system. Its features include support for BibTeX reference types, reference organization in hierarchical categories, BibTeX export, multiple attachments (eg PDF files) for each reference and a servlet-based Web interface with full-text search on the PDF attachments.
It is optimized for offline work, and local reference collections can be synced with servers at any time. Multiple local storages are supported and can optionally be synced against different servers.
Here are some key features of "caudex":
· Support BibTeX reference types
· BibTeX export
· Each reference can have multiple attachments, like PDF attachments
· Servlet-based web-interface with full-text search on the PDF attachments
· Optimized for offline work, local reference collections can be synced with server at any time
· Hierarchical categories
· Multiple local storages, optionally synced against multiple servers
· 100% pure Java
· Java 5
· The lucene search engine from the apache lucene project (version 1.4.3)
· The forms library