b2evolution is a classy news/weblog tool.
It does basically the same thing blogger.com and typepad.com do, but with two main differences:
b2evolution is free as free can be! (GNU General Public License). It runs on your own domain/website. That means you need a host which can run web applications written in PHP.
- Advanced browsing (paged, calendar, categories, search.
- Extended & multipaged posts;
- Image/file upload;
- Multiple and sub-categories;
- Draft and quick publishing;
- Spell checker;
- RSS & Atom feeds;
- Bookmarklet and sidebar blogging;
- Blog with a desktop client (w.bloggar, etc...);
- Automatic pinging of blog directories;
- Simple installation;
- Skin switching;
- Localized in many languages;
- Multilingual blogging;
- Timezone handling;
- Multiple blogs;
- Web standards compliance with integrated XHTML checker;
- Clean and search engine friendly permalinks;
- User rights management;
- Private/protected posts;
- Open/closed/disabled comments;
- Trackback & feedback;
- Integrated hitlogs and stats;
- Anti-blogspam (referrer & comments);
- Plug-in architecture;
- Advanced rendering plug-ins (Textile, Auto-P, BBcode.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.3.3
- Allow users to act on uploaded files (@francoisplanque/@tblue)
- Made avatars optional.
- Integrated 2 new skins.
- Updated SEO presets from Rand Fishkin.