XOOPS is a dynamic OO (Object Oriented) portal script written in PHP.
XOOPS is a dynamic OO (Object Oriented) portal script written in PHP XOOPS supports mySQL, and is an ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community Web sites, intra-company portals, corporate portals, Web logs, and much more.
- XOOPS uses a relational database (currently MySQL) to store data required for running a web-based content management system.
- Fully Modularized:
- Modules can be installed/uninstalled/ativated/deactivated with a click using the XOOPS module administration system.
- Registered users can edit their profiles, select site themes, upload custom avatars, and much more!
- User Management:
- The ability to search for users by various criteria, send email and private messages to users through a template-based messaging system.
- Supported World-wide:
- XOOPS was created and is maintained by a team of several hard-working volunteers working from all over the world. The XOOPS community has more than dozen official support sites around the world for support of non-English speaking users.
- Multi-byte Language Support:
- Fully supports multi-byte languages, including Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean, etc.
- Versatile Group Permissions System:
- Powerful and user-friendly permissions system which enables administrators to set permissions by group.
- Theme-based skinnable interface:
- XOOPS is driven by a powerful theme system. Both admins and users can change the look of the entire web site with just a click of a mouse. There are also over 60 themes available for download!!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.4.5
- This version is mainly for bugfixes and cleaning up conflicts in previous releases in the 2.4 series.
- Some features, including the TinyMCE and CKeditor editors, are improved.