A flexible, standards-compliant and lightweight wiki engine written in PHP
WikkaWiki project is a flexible, standards-compliant and lightweight wiki engine written in PHP and uses MySQL to store pages.
- W3C compliant XHTML 1.0 transitional and CSS markup.
- footer comments/inline comments.
- Page management tools:
- Last registered users
- Several text formatters
- Advanced code highlighting (using GeSHi):
- support for several languages;
- easily customizable output;
- line numbering;
- clickable markup pointers to official documentation;
- GUI page editor.
- HTML can be used in pages in a safe manner.
- Double-click quick page editing.
- Page cloning.
- Revision management tools:
- Page history easily viewed in one step. (Try the "Page History" link at the bottom of the page).
- Page version comparison.
- RSS feeds for recent changes and for each page's revisions.
- Easy retrieval of previous versions
- Advanced text searching. See TextSearch for examples (some of the examples will only work if MySQL 4.X is in use).
- File uploading/downloading.
- Inline images.
- Inline Flash support.
- Inline FreeMind maps.
- RSS feed inclusion.
- Page categories.
- InterWiki links.
- WikiPing (optional) publishes your wiki's recent changes on a dedicated server.
- Comments can be toggled off on individual pages.
- Printable view defined by CSS. [Click File --> Print Preview in your web browser, and notice that the header and footer are gone.]
- Human- and Search-Engine-friendly page titles.
- HTML insecurities patched.
- Gzip page compression.
- System information and statistics.
- Licensed under GPL.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.2
- New functionality was introduced, such as support for 100%-modular themes, a redesigned default layout, menu templates, an advanced table markup, and other enhancements.