Wiclear aims to provide a simple, small, and accessible wiki.
Wiclear is in early development and has few features, compared to more advanced projects like Wikini, Wikimedia or other well known wiki engines : you'd better use them before looking in more details to WiClear.
WiClear is all the most an attempt to rewrite the Nosica web site. Nosica used a very light wiki (home made), and it was time to rewrite it in good php. It is Dotclear that gave me the desire to rewrite a wiki and learn some more php.
Main features are easy themability, multi lang supports (not only UI but content as well), and a plugin architecture.
Here are some key features of "Wiclear":
· Easy to make, easy to change.
· Currently Wiclear has the same themes capability as dotclear.
· Current wiki version comes with three themes : default, blue and dokuwiki.
Multi lang support
· Wiki fully supports i18n (both the interface and the content).
· Display the content according to user's lang and switch back to the wiki's default lang if not found.
· It provides links to translate pages when needed.
· All nodes have a parent. That means it is easy to navigate in the site, simply follows the sub node panel on the left or the location bar on the top.
· That also means orphan pages cannot happen.
· I find this one really usefull when you want to create some docs.
· can be saved, browsed, and diff can be performed against any versions
· you can enter search keywords
· you can see last modifications
· Each pages have ACL. ACL can be editable and applied to current page or recursively to all sub nodes.
Comment and history deletion
· for moderators only
Where you can
· edit user's rights (admin, moderator, simple user)
· delete/confirm user
· create and edit groups
· edit wiki preferences (name, allow anonymous comments, allow anonymous content edition, allow open user registration ...)
· The wizard is done in 4 steps, and you're done : you can start editing your wiki.
· RSS (0.91 and 1.0) and ATOM version of the "Recent changes" page.
· This is available both in the admin panel and in the wiki application.
· For now, there is an UTF-8 conversion plugin, and a SitePlan plugin.
· UTF-8 support
· It's given as a plugin that allows one to convert the whole db from latin1 to UTF-8.
What links here feature
· so that it is possible to know which pages link on current page
· Allow the user to be notified when someone edit a page or add a comment to a page he is watching.
· So that it is possible to specify a more readable title in some cases (traduction, title collision)
· Friendly page displayed when browsing to wiki root before install
· Detect words with at least 2 upper case letters and make a link out of it.
Anti bot registration page
· So that bot cannot easily register.
· For admin and moderators
· They have the format SpecialPage:string.
· For example : SpecialPage:site_plan
Conflict handling when editing a page
· When a conflict is detected, contents are merged. Last user is responsible for resolving eventual conflicts.
Keywords and metadata on each pages
· so that related pages can be added to current page
· last changement
· last comments
Per page :
· page changement (history)
· comments of page
· Rss feeds contain either the title or the whole content.
· apache (version 2 is better)
· php (version 4 at least)
· mysql (version 4 at least)
What's New in This Release: