WebME is a really simple CMS with blog and podcasting support.
1. Untar wishme tarball to some directory on your server, or desktop.
2. Open config.py file with your favorite text editor. Change database and Timezone configuration, it's easy if you know what you do.
3. Open templates/config.cfg file and change first string (starting with #set c_abspath). Please note what url in this line doesn't contain leading slash. For example:
#set c_abspath = "http://i.love.webme.py/wm"
#set c_abspath = "http://localhost:8080"
4. Now you need to initiate database. Go to the docs/ directory and execute mysql -u username -p database < init.sql
5. Last step. Go to the libs/ directory and execute script download.sh. It's download web.py and some useful libraries.
Now you can just run wm.py script and open your browser at localhost:8080
If you want to change port for webme just set it as a parameter like this:
python ./wm.py 6060
Administration mode opened after login at http://localhost:8080/admin/ with login 'admin' and password 'webmein'.
What's New in This Release:
· Small security fixes.
· Now only the administrator can make new semi-static pages.
· Updating is recomended.