WDB is a database system designed to store meteorological, oceanographic and hydrological (MHO) data in a PostgreSQL database management server. The purpose of the WDB system is to improve the quality and effectiveness of IT systems for MHO production by providing a flexible and effective data storage solution for real-time and archive data.
Here are some key features of "WDB":
Decode and store meteorological forecast fields
· WDB has loading programs to load forecasts, analysis, etc. stored in GRIB1 format. Metadata is provided for HIRLAM fields
Decode and store oceanographic fields
· WDB has loading programs to load wave and circulation models stored in GRIB1 files. Metadata is provided for WAM fields
Flexible retrieval interface
· The WDB Call Interface (WCI) allows the extraction of entire fields or points (time-series) from the database using an SQL-based function interface.
· WCI is compatible with C++; it should be usable in C, Java, Perl, Python, and Fortran as well (however, these interfaces are not yet tested).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Cleaned up the code for wci.addDataProvider, wci.setDataProviderName and wci.addWciUser. Tweaked the wci.setConfiguration function.
· Fixed a bug in the constraints of the dataprovidername table (updated WDB schema version to 1).
· Metadata: Added 'dew point temperature' as a parameter.