Unimaginatively-named Attendance tool was originally created to provide attendance tracking for a scout troop but is actually completely free of anything scout-specific. Unimaginatively-named Attendance is perfect for tracking attendance for any type of group.
Here are some key features of "Attendance":
· The roster of names is stored separate from the attendance records so names are only entered once.
· Each name on the roster has an associated "type" (available types are user-configurable) so that each "type" is grouped together in reports for easy viewing.
· Birthdays are tracked and notifications appear when a birthday is coming up or has just passed.
· Each attendance record can have any number of attributes. For example, the administrator could define an attribute named "late". As records are input, "late" will appear as a checkbox next to each person's name. When the box is checked, it will be tabulated in the reports next to the record of present/not present.
· Several reports are available to provide different summaries of the data from "when was each person last seen" to full percentage listings of each person's attendance record.
· The interface is usable from PDAs and "smart phones". It has been extensively tested on a Treo 600.
· A permission-based login system allows three levels of access:
· "View only" access allows the user to view attendance records and generate reports but not to edit any data.
· "Editor" access allows the user to define new events and create/edit attendance records but not to alter the roster, the event types, the attributes or logins.
· "Admin" access allows the user complete access to all data.
· MySQL 3.23 or later.
What's New in This Release:
· This version adds protection to all forms to prevent double submission due to accidentally refreshing the page.
· Most of the other changes are code refactoring and minor bugfixes.