Unclassified NewsBoard (UNB) is an Internet bulletin board system with Jabber integration, Unicode support, and Access Control Lists.
The Unclassified NewsBoard (short UNB) is an open-source, PHP-based internet bulletin board system, mostly like those you may already know. But the difference is in a lot of details that make your life with this board, both as administrator and user, much easier.
You'll be surprised how easy things can be and how fast you can work with such a system! The Unclassified NewsBoard has a lot of innovative features the world has never seen before in this way. I run this project in my spare time, mostly because over two years ago, none of the freely available forum systems fully convinced me and because I found fun in that job.
Here are some key features of "Unclassified NewsBoard":
- Native real-time Jabber IM notification on new posts
- Detailed access rights management with an Access Control List
- Intuitive usage: commands are where you expect them to be
- Real unread posts selection, without cookies
- Robust BB code parser with syntax checking and nesting tags support
- Good scalability: Everything you need - nothing less and nothing more
- Full Unicode support (i18n), multiple designs and languages
- Automated installation; configuration in the integrated web interface
- Compatible with any operating system that supports PHP and MySQL
- XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 compliant