TextCite is a program for organizing and commenting textual citations from texts (books, articles, or other published works) for use in producing scientific or academic publications. You can organize by publication, author, category, or outline.
It works with bibliographic management programs like Citation, EndNote, RefWorks, and BibTeX, providing important text/citation management capabilities that these programs lack, while still allowing for rapid footnote and bibliography generation by means of your favorite bibliography manager. The project also exports to PDF and Word (RTF).
What's New in This Release:
· Improvements to RTF and PDF export facilities.
· PDF export now offers much greater flexibility over output, as well as the ability to generate documents with footnotes.
· RTF export now adds the ability to properly export bibliographic codes for integration with programs such as Endnote and RefWorks.
· This release includes improvements to avoid problems that could cause data corruption.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The splash screen no longer impedes loading of the application on Java 1.6.
· Better adaptation to larger system font sizes was implemented.
· The program no longer hangs when exporting to PDF or RTF.
· Ctrl-N no longer erases your citebook, but creates a new citation instead.
· Line breaks are now displayed properly in the Citation Display panel.
· This release has been tested to run properly on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux under JavaSE 1.6.