SkratchPad project is modified WordPress that has been enhanced and pre-configured for use by projects to author, share, and maintain content in a powerful yet flexible way.
Here are some key features of "SkratchPad":
· Instant Publishing with NO Rebuilding
· Intergrated Spam Protection
· Manage Site Pages & Templates
· Protected Posts & Content
· Unlimited Custom Fields
· Simple Upgrades & Installation
· Easy to Customize & Extend
· Multiple Authors & Contributers
· Multiple Categories & Sub-categories
· Intelligent Text Formatting
· Post by eMail
· Full W3C Compliance
Remixed from WordPress, a freely distributed, standards-compliant, fast, light and free personal blog system, which has now grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool, used on hundreds of thousands of sites and seen by millions of people every day all over the world wide web.
SkratchPad is extremely proud to offer users a superb full feature set on par or better than any other software of its kind. A wealth of features come as standard, however there are literally hundreds of plugins available that extend what SkratchPad does, so the powerful core functionality is nearly limitless & entirely extensible.
You are also free to do whatever you like with the code, extend it or modify in any way or use it for commercial projects without any licensing fees. From the documentation to the code itself, everything was created by and for the user community.
What's New in This Release:
· The SpotMilk admin theme for SkratchPad is activated by default, but can be switched off.
· The optional admin dashboard can be used to track site statistics.
· User-defined "Front Page" and "Latest Posts" are now integrated.
· ATOM or RSS can be quickly and easily displayed in posts and pages.
· Install messages are now more helpful with some basic checks.
· A link for editing is placed next to plugins for quick access to the plugin editor.
· Comments are switched off by default at install.
· The size of the "New Post & Page" box was increased.
· Typographical errors were fixed in setup-config.php.