Sample Inventory Program provides a laboratory inventory management system (LIMS) for Zope.
Many integration tests exist for various aspects of the SIP application, ranging from command line importing of samples and project configuration to CSV Web-based importing of sample modifications.
Here are some key features of "Sample Inventory Program":
· Cross platform using the Zope 3 appliation server and Python language. Contains over 200 unit and integrations tests.
· Command line import functionality (import application configuration, projects, samples, aliquots and container heirarchies)
· Cross project searches based on Subject Id's, Other Id's, Additional Sample Data, and Sample Types. Uses REPORT Permission.
· Search Form Screenshot
· Project level permissions. Users can be enabled/disabled by removing User Permission in the Applicaiton root. Lab Technician Permission allows users to put contents into a shipment and add/modify Samples. Project Manager permission allows project configuration as well as administering Users for specified projects.
· User and Permission Screenshot
· 100% Web based interface (IE, Mozilla, Safari tested). QT based client in development.
· Projects Overview Screenshot
· Ability to Split Aliquots into smaller units and put them into separate physical containers.
· Ability to Derive Aliquots into other Sample Type's. Derived Samples/Aliquots links to their origin sample.
· Locations/Containers are heirarchical and can be restricted to a Project
· Shipments act as virtual containers where Lab Technicans can split aliquots into. AlsocShipments contain Contact Info, Shipping Info and Funding Info. While the Shipment Status will control the status of the Shipment moving from: Incomplete, In-Transit, and finally Received based on date fields being filled out.
· Shipment Screenshot
· Understandable relational model that enables simple reporting to be easily constructed by third party tools such as Jasper Reports
· Batch editing available using CSV files. All changes are transactional. You can easily import hundreds of samples into multiple projects by using CSV files and importing them through the web interface. You can change locations of aliquots by using the CSV import functionality. Any functionality that can be done in the web interface is complimented by CSV functionality.
· Project Search Results Screenshot
· Ability to administer Sample Type, Container Type, Locations and Unit of Measure at the application level to enforce standards across all Projects. Requires Application Manager permission.
· Ability to assign Sample Type, Locations, Technicans in a Project by Project basis.
· Project Administration Screenshot
· Advance Attribute Capture forms enable Project Administrators to specify what attributes for their Sample Types need to be captured for their project. Now non-technical users can ensure that Lab Technicans capture any attribute for any Sample Type. Attributes are limited to: DateTime, Boolean, Float, Integer, String and Text fields. Default Values can be assigned.
· Sample Type Attributes Screenshot
· Finally Sample Type Attributes can have validation scripted on a field by field basis. By using the TALES Validation functionality for Sample Type Attribute Fields. Examples of TALES validation:
· python: value < 100 # value of the field is less than 100
· python: value < datetime.date(2006, 10, 31)
· # value of the field is less than 10/31/2006
· Edit Comments will require a comment to be added to any field that is edited. These are used in conjunction with RDBMS triggers to keep a audit log to ensure that all changes to all inventory can be tracked.
· Zope 3.0.0
· Python 2.3.5
· SIP Application
· Psycopgda(Postgresql Adapter)
· SQLObject 0.6.x (comes with SIP tarball)
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed an issue with cookieauth adapter not handling basic auth
· Fixed shipments