Retrospect-GDS provides a genealogy display Web application.
Retrospect-GDS is an easy to use software application for displaying your genealogy information on the web. Retrospect-GDS is designed to be flexible so that new features can be added easily. A templating system is included to make it easy to modify the look and feel. Many popular genealogy reports are available. Retrospect-GDS also supports multiple languages.
Retrospect-GDS is written entirely in PHP and supports multiple databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL 7.x, and Oracle.
Here are some key features of "Retrospect GDS":
· Gedcom 5.5 import (tested with gedcom files containing over 250,000 individuals)
· Mutliple language support:
· Search by given and/or surnames with or without soundex
· Full text search of location and note fields
· Reports in HTML and PDF formats
· Uses the Smarty template system to simplify template creation and modification
· Supports current web standards. Output is fully compliant with XHTML 1.0 Transitional specifications
· Compatible with PHP’s Safe Mode enabled
· All events, marriages, and children are sortable by date
· Selectable date formats
· Experimental plugin that uses a Coppermine gallery to host photos or other images.
· MySQL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
· PostgreSQL 7.x
· Microsoft SQL (all versions)
· Oracle 11i (probably other versions as well)
· Just about any operating system capable of running PHP, a web server, and one of the supported databases
· PHP version 4.3.0 or higher
What's New in This Release:
· Fixes bugs in the relationship calculator and surname pages.