In today's organizations, managing the IT infrastructure is a complex undertaking. Most organizations use number of tools for different management disciplines and for different technologies, yet the need to manage the infrastructure holistically is apparent.
RapidInsight is an automation, integration and presentation suite for IT operations management. It brings the leading web technologies into the IT management field, designed from the ground up as an open solution to minimize implementation time and the total cost of ownership and maximize skills reuse.
RapidInsight is typically used to integrate management information from disparate management systems and present to users through a simple, unified, consistent web based user interface.
Some of the more common uses of RapidInsight include the following:
Event management (Enterprise Event Console)
Collect, consolidate, manage and present events
IT Operations Management Console
Access to all IT operations information from a single pane of glass
Web portal for customers and business users
IT management information is no longer only off interest for IT organizations. Provide visibility into the services provided by IT
Business Service Management
Add business context into IT management to align IT with the business objectives
Enhancing other management systems
Maximize the return on investment on existing systems
Here are some key features of "RapidInsight Open Source Edition":
· RapidInsight not only presents information to users, but also enables users to take appropriate actions directly from the browser, in context of the presented information.
· RapidInsight user interfaces are dynamically updated in near real-time.
Optimized event management user interface:
· High performance web application, no java applets or ActiveX
· Easy to implement, easy to extend, easy to maintain.
· One consistent user interface to rule them all.
· Designed for easy integration, build on a published API
· Different roles, different perspectives, different user interfaces
Flexible authentication and authorization:
· One system to serve multiple users/customers using data segmentation. Users can be restricted to have access only to subset of the data
Full text search:
· Use google like searches to find relevant information
Flexible event lifecycle:
· Mold the tool to match your processes, not the other way around
· One repository for active and inactive events. Don't have remove inactive events.