Plans is a powerful and flexible Web calendar.
Plans is a powerful and flexible Web calendar. Plans has features like recurring events, merged calendars, event icons, custom themes and templates, MS Outlook export, SQL or flat-file data storage, and browser-based management.
- Multiple Calendars:
- One installation of plans can support many calendars.
- Calendars can share information with each other.
- Each calendar is managed independently (unique password, custom options, custom look & feel).
- Multiple calendars running on the same installation of plans can be "embedded" in completely different websites.
- Recurring Events:
- Plans uses a powerful and flexible recurring event model.
- International Support:
- Plans supports multiple languages.
- Weeks can start on days other than Sunday.
- Plans supports arbitrary date formats (mm/dd/yy, dd/mm/yy, etc.)
- Database Support:
- Plans can store data in flat files or an SQL database.
- Plans is the nicest-looking web calendar.
- Plans has several downloadable themes available.
- CSS-based layout makes it easy to match the colors & fonts with your website.
- Open Source:
- Plans is licensed under the GPL. You can freely modify the code for your needs. Many organizations have done so.
- Plans' architecture allows add-ons and standalone programs to re-use its framework.
- Plans can export events to other platforms, including MS Outlook and Palm.
- Template-based design:
- Plans uses HTML templates to allow easy customization of the look & feel.
- Each calendar can have its own custom template, even located on a different server.
- For Admins/Webmasters:
- Plans runs on unix or windows-based machines.
- Plans is written in perl, and requires perl version 5.6 or better.
- Plans requires a host that can execute perl cgi scripts. Perl is available on machines running Windows, through a free program called ActivePerl.
- Plans 7.0 and higher requires the CGI::Session perl module. If you are unable to uninstall this module, please contact the author for assistance.
- Plans requires about 2 Mb of space (this may increase if large number of events are added).
- Plans will not run on free Geocites accounts (they don't allow custom cgi scripts)
- Plans will not run on free Tripod accounts (they allow custom cgi scripts, but don't support Perl's Time:Local() package, which is an integral part of Plans).
- For Users:
- Plans requires a web browser. Plans works with current versions of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Konqueror, and Opera*.
- Plans does not work under IE 5.2 on Macintosh.
- Mozilla Firefox is recommended.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- iCal export improvements (Thanks Mike S!)
- New Germain translation (Thanks Olaf!)
- Fix for non-escaped html entities in buttons (Thanks Olaf!)
- Slightly faster page load time