PHPGallue is a server based Open Source image management system which uses PHP 5 and MySQL.
If you search the web for online image gallery or image management software, you will find hundreds of projects that focus on the same target as PHPGallue. Some are client software to manage images on your hard disk and provide HTML export, some are online galleries where you upload your pictures to publish them on your homepage.
Here are some key features of "PHPGallue":
· It is designed to be capable of managing large amounts of images (say, 100,000).
· It is server based and provides a web frontend.
· It is designed to be used by multiple users.
· You can adjust if an image is visible to the public, to registered users or only to yourself.
· The backend functionality is completely separated from the frontend: You can write own code that uses the image management libraries - e.g. an image listing for your homepage or an image blog.
· You can upload your images through the web interface, with gallupload, a simple command-line tool, or with PyGallue, a graphical PHPGallue client.
· Currently an improved graphical client application and a SOAP interface are under development.
· GNU tar
· MySQL (Old Production (4.1.x) branch)
· PHP (Version 5 branch)
What's New in This Release:
· This service release fixes some non-critical bugs and introduces a few improvements for the Web interface.
· Updating an existing installation is recommended.
· The VMware image was discontinued, but you can still update an existing virtual machine to this release.