Nucleus CMS description
Helps you manage multiple weblogs with multiple authors on your own server.
Nucleus CMS helps you manage multiple weblogs with multiple authors on your own server. Nucleus CMS's main features are speed, extendability through plugins, and standards compliance.
Here are some key features of "Nucleus CMS":
- Multiple Authors:
- Each blog has its own team of authors. Some authors will only have posting rights, others will be allowed to change settings for the blog as well.
- Within a weblog, you can set up one or more categories. Each item you add in your weblog will be put in one of these categories.
- Built-in commenting system:
- Nucleus provides a built-in Commenting System, so there's no need for external commentingtools.
- A karma-voting system is also provided.
- If your webserver supports it, Nucleus can provide URLs optimized for both readers and search engines, like:
- Runs on your own server:
- Since Nucleus runs on your own server, you'll be in full control. Network outages of centralized weblog tools won't prevent you from posting.
- Drafts and Future Posts:
- In a hurry? Need some more thinking? Mark an item as draft and continue working on it later. Or would you like an item to only appear starting from a certain date? Mark it as a future item.
- Fully Tweakable:
- The way your Nucleus site looks is fully tweakable through skins and templates, and multiple CSS files. Next to that, the language used by the Nucleus admin area can easily be changed through language-files.
- Additional features can be programmed in so called plugins (see Nucleus plugins API) and be installed on Nucleus. This allows you to have the features you want, without having the Nucleus core to become bloated. The Nucleus plugin interface offers plugin authors lots of flexibility. For examples of how plugins can extend Nucleus funtionality, see further down in this document.
- Bookmarklet and right-click blogging:
- So, you're visiting a site and want to write something about it on your weblog. No need to open the admin area, just open the bookmarklet or use the right-click context menu option and an add-item window will popup. Easy!
- Archives and Search:
- Archives for your weblogs are automatically managed by Nucleus, and a search function is provided to look up old items.
- Nucleus also features highlighting search terms, both in articles, and in comments!
- RSS and Atom Syndication:
- Syndication feeds are provided (as skins). Nucleus provides RSS and Atom feeds. Extra feed types (your favorite RSS flavor) can be added easily.
- XML-RPC interface: Blogger, metaWeblog and MovableType APIs
- Nucleus provides implementations of the Blogger, metaWeblog and MovableType APIs. This means that Nucleus can be used with tools like w.Bloggar, Ecto, Zempt, ...
- File/Image Upload:
- Want to include an image in an item? Open the media popup, choose a file to upload and off you go! No need to open an FTP program and upload the file manually.
- Some nasty people screwing up your comments? Ban their IP address or IP range or nickname from further comments/votes.
- With a simple click you can create a backup version of the database contents.